donderdag, april 21, 2005

Don Corleone

Bron: moviesoundscentral.com/godfather To listen: someday Don Corleone: Someday, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my daughter's wedding day. Foto by: brownblackandwhite.com Director Francis Ford Coppola's epic masterpiece, The Godfather, is viewed by fans and critics alike as quite possibly the greatest film of all time. 1972's Oscar winner for Best Picture, The Godfather tracks the Corleone family's riseto power in the late 1940's and early 1950's, featuring an award winning performance by Marlon Brando and career-making turns by Al Pacino, Robert Duvall, and James Caan. It is significant that the first shot in the movie is inside a dark shutteredroom. It is the wedding day of Vito Corleone's daughter, and on such a day a Sicilian must grant any reasonable request. A man has come to ask for punishment for his daughter's rapist. Don Vito asks why he did not come to him immediately. "I went to the police, like a good American," the man says. "Why did you go to the police? Why didn't you come to me first? What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully? If you had come to me infriendship, then this scum that ruined your daughter would be suffering this very day. And if by chance, an honest man like yourself should make enemies ยท then they would become my enemies. And then they would fear you." The Godfather is a reasonable man, a just man, a man of respect. And all he asks is that he be treated as such. But there is always a catch. "Someday, and that day may never come, I will ask a favor of you."